Monday, October 8, 2012

Life is so be Enjoyed, not just Endured!

I am so excited! Things have been super great for me! I have been staying super busy. Baking cakes, planning parties, and getting ready for the Holidays! I love this time of year. The colorful mountains, the fall crisp air, big bulky sweaters, and boots! Don't forget boots! My Christmas shopping has already begun. I found my self last week struggling. I wasn't pregnant and was very upset and sad. I had received a phone call from a dear friend. She had found out she was pregnant. I was happy for her. It took her awhile and she had some complications and knowing that everything so far was going well for her made me happy. I found myself finding joy in her news that my whole attitude changed. There would be another sweet baby in my life. Although its not mine I was and still am excited. This is also the Month I will be gaining a new Niece or Nephew. My sister Alex's due date is October 31st. So excited! She does not know what she is having. I am DYING to know whether it is a girl or boy. It will be such a fun surprise. Matt and I are doing well. I fall in love with him more and more each day! He is such a goof and makes me laugh constantly!

 As most of you know I am trying to get a little Cake business going. I have had business cards made, a facebook page and newly a blog! It is still a little work in progress but its getting there! You will have to go check it out:

http://victoriaspieceacake.blogspot.com/.

Conference weekend was amazing! I love the fact how now boys and girls can leave on missions so much sooner. We are in need of missionaries! I know that we can be missionaries even if we are not on missions.  My little sister was sitting next to me during the Sunday Morning session. She looked over at my mom and said "Mom, I want to serve a mission!" It was seriously so sweet. Gabi(little sis) is turning 16 on the 13th of October. Its crazy to think that that is only 3 years away! My parents raised us right ;) They were always setting great examples for us. They still are. My parents have such wonderful testimonies. I was truly blessed!

A month or 2 ago Matt, his parents, sister, and I had spent the week in Lake Powell. It was so much fun! Matt and I were debating if we wanted to stay an extra day or two with the friends we had gone up with. Matt just felt strongly that we needed to go home with his parents. Its a good thing we did. We were between Price and Green river. It was sunny all around us and then up ahead was a storm. We didn't know the severity of this storm. The wind picked up and the cover on the boat was unsnapping, that is how strong the wind was. My father in Law had a hard time breaking and slowing down. We were parked new a little over pass with a ditch running through it and a small drop off on the right hand side. The wind was so strong and the Hail was incredible that Matt yelled, "My window shattered!" Then my Father in Law's window shattered. As Matt's sister and I were tossing blankets and pillows to them the windows Burst open! Glass was everywhere. Hail and Rocks were pelting our bodies. My sister in law was screaming, I was screaming. We were helpless. I covered my sister in law with a blanket so her back wouldn't get so pelted and just remember holding her hands praying that the terror would end. I heard my mother in law saying that there were rivers of water and mud running underneath us. We were going to slide down this little hill. The boat started to slip. The Hail and wind slowed down a little that my Father in Law was able to pull up onto the bridge. It was sunny again. Cars were driving by like it was no big deal. It was so cold as we were sitting in freezing hail. We got out of the truck to see the damage. We all hugged each other so thankful we were still alive. The boat looked like a bullet had gone through the side of it. 3 total windows in the truck were all blown out. There was mud on the roof of the truck. Glass everywhere. I looked over at Matt as he was trying to clean out the truck and lay towels down and there was blood on his shirt. I lifted his shirt and his back was awful! I lost it even more! He has shielded me and my sister in law. His back was so welted. He had a cut above his eye. I don't think I have ever been more terrified and helpless in my entire life! If Matt and I had not been in that truck I don't know what would have happened. Brooklynn(sister in law) would have been all alone in the back seat. I am just thankful for Prayer. within maybe a minute of praying the storm calmed and it was sunny. We really were watched over. Tell your loved ones daily how much you love them. Enjoy each day to its fullest.. you may never know if it is your last! Enjoy your journey!

2 comments:

  1. I love your cakes! You are so talented.
    That was a crazy scary story. Glad that you are all ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Thanks for your sweet comment. I read your blog months ago because our mutual friend, Tracee, sent it to me when I was having a hard time. Your patience is outstanding and completely admirable. I am slowly getting back on course with my faith and my sanity, but people like you (with your unwavering examples) help even more! Thanks again for the shout out. Good luck with your efforts!

    ReplyDelete