Last night was awful. We had been out working in the yard and sweet little Tank loves to be where we are. He was only outside with us for 10 minutes. When I was getting ready to bring him in a couple was out walking their 3 dogs. Tank, being the way he is is super friendly. He ran up to the 3 dogs to say hello. One of the bigger dogs grabbed Tank by the neck.. I didn't know what to do but scream for Matt. Matt came running and finally released Tank from the dogs mouth. Poor little Tank was limp and shaky. I got a blanket and just held him. A sweet lady drove me up to a vets house to see if there was anything we could do. He had gone within being 1 minute from the guys home. He had died in my arms. The whole time the dog had him in his mouth I just felt so helpless. We loved that little guy more then anything. He was the sweetest dog! Always so friendly. He was Matt's little buddy. Tank followed him everywhere. He would sit by the front door every time Matt left and just wait to see if he was going to come back in. He was so loved by not just our family but all the neighbors and their kids. I know some of you may think "He is just a dog" but he wasn't. He was my baby. He even let us hold him like a baby. Zilla, our other dog, doesn't really know what to do with herself. She lost her best friend. She keeps following me around everywhere. Its just so so sad and heart breaking.
| Tank |
| He always fell asleep sitting up. |
| Tank was so laid back he would let ya do anything to him. |
| These 2 were attached the day we brought him home. |
| They loved each other so much. Tank especially loved going for car rides! |
| He even would just sit and let the kids hold him. |
| His little Halloween costume and it looks like he is smiling. |
| our family picture last summer |
| Zilla and Tank were the best of friends! |
| Tanks baby picture! ha he was so scraggly looking. But so stinking cute! We will miss you sweet little Tankers! |
Aww Victoria I am so sorry for your loss. I totally understand, my husband lost his dog not to long ago too and it was really hard. Dogs are like family. I hope you and your husband are doing ok!
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrible thing to happen. I am so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry babe. What a sweet post.
ReplyDeleteOh Victoria, that is the saddest story ever. I am so sorry you had to witness all of that. He was so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThere are no words that can be said to express the sadness of this event. From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry. Please feel free to call me, text, FB, whatever when you are having a hard time. Maybe we can meet up sometime and I can bring my dog. He is a good sympathy cuddler :) and I'm always here to lend an ear. Much love being sent your way.
ReplyDelete