Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Our In Vitro Journey

Well lets just say.. I would do it all over again if I needed to.
Matt and I feel so grateful and blessed! We have had so much love, support, encouragement, Faith and Prayers by so many loved friends and family. We couldn't thank you enough!!

Matt and I met with our Dr early January. We had anticipated that everything would unfold slower then it did.. we thought Oh Mid May.. oh NO! it all happened so quickly.. I started all my meds mid January to get ready for Egg Retrieval on  Feb  12th. As you can see.. LOTS OF MEDS! (after all was said and done I filled 1 1/2 of those Bio hazard red boxes) Some of the shots I could give myself in my tummy where some were not the oh so pleasant type that Matt would have to give to me.. in my tushy.


I would go in for Multiple Ultra sounds a couple times a week. They would watch my Ovaries and how well the eggs/follicles were growing. On Monday February 9th they said the growing was going a little slower then they wanted. Where the next day February 10th they had grown so rapidly that everything was going just great. We went on February 12th early in the morning. I was super nervous because they have to actually put you under to retrieve the eggs. I remember walking into the room. Nice small room and then there was this nice red tool box. Ha I looked at Matt like.. Uhhhhhhhh.. something you would see at Matt's auto shop. It was just the storage for the Anesthesia stuff. 


So average woman produce 8-20 eggs. They were able to retrieve 60!!! Holy Cow right! (Matt said I was part Sea Turtle cause I produced so many) So because I had produced so many I was told that I would most likely over stimulate. Which means.. the follicles that the eggs come from can fill up with excess fluid and its very painful! VERY PAINFUL! Luckily I was able to go home shortly after I came to from Anesthesia. I felt groggy and sleepy all day long. I felt so bad for Matt as I was in so much pain and could barely move. He was so sweet and attended to my every little need. Especially lots of egg drop soup runs to Fortune Cookie.  Thanks Honey! So the next couple days were rough but we survived. The labs will update you with how many eggs have fertilized. 

Out of the 60 Eggs:
30 Were mature
19 Fertilized
5 Embryos were looking good. 
We had a total of 3 good embryos by the time it was all said and done. I am thankful we had at least 3!

So because of Over Stimulation we had to wait a month for my body to heal a little to transfer the embryos. SO.. that means  I had to take some more shots and meds to get ready for a Frozen Embryo Transfer. It was the longest month EVER! March 30 couldn't get here soon enough. Luckily it finally came. I was so excited, nervous, anxious and emotional. It was a very neat experience. We ended up transferring two embryos. they were perfect little embryos! 
Then the 2 week wait.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment